The pleasure of an excellent lunch, enjoyed alongside new friends, and with the advantages of a language course, all in four and a half hours of fun, learning Italian, playing, acting, eating and drinking.
There’s no better way to learn the Italian language than……enjoying excellent dishes of local cuisine. With the A Taste of Italian course you’ll learn, or deepen your knowledge of the language at the table, in true Italian style!
A good meal and a glass of red wine always help to keep the conversation flowing, and our teachers will do the rest, promoting learning in a fun and familiar context.
- 10:00 – Meet your teacher at your hotel’s reception. Short guided walk around the city centre’s streets, as well as to the Centro Italiano building.
- 10:30 – A lesson on “how to get away with it in an Italian-speaking environment.” The method used is the communicative approach, familiar to Indo-European language speakers. You’ll follow 3 steps:
- Identification ( how to introduce yourself )
- Orientation ( passive repetition of some terminology and questions, to do with orientation, with the aim of remembering some key phrases, and becoming familiar with the sound of the language )
- Interpretation ( interaction and roll-play with the teacher and other group members ) The spirit of the course is to have fun learning, the only objective being to fire some curiosity, and make students a little more familiar with Italian.
• 13:00 – Lunch with Tuscan food and wine at the Gastone restaurant. During lunch there will be some word-games, and roll-play between the waiters and the participants.
• 14:30 – End of session.