Frequently Asked Questions

Course Enrollment at Centro Italiano Firenze

Is there a Registration fee?

A non-refundable advance payment of the chosen course is required (150 euros for each type of course )

What is the procedure for registering for a course?

You can register by sending an email to the office:  or by going personally to the school office.

What are the cancellation terms?

In the event of cancellation or postponement of the reservation within 30 days of the start of the course, the amount paid can be used for future courses. If the cancellation occurs within 30 days before the course start date, the sum paid is retained by the school, without any form of refund.

No refund is due for partial attendance, or interruption of a course already started. For those who have requested a visa, in the event of refusal of the same, the amount of the entire course paid in advance is refunded, less 150 euros for administrative costs.

Course payments

What are the payment methods?

You can pay for your chosen course by Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit card, or cash. In addition to the 150 euros advance payment for each course, the balance payment should be paid directly to the school office on the first day of the course, with the exception of online courses, for which full advance payment is required at the time of enrollment, the same as for those who require a student visa.

Can I request a receipt or invoice?

Starting January 2020 we may issue an electronic invoice within one week of the payment date. You should therefore send us an email within that period with all your personal details: name, surname, full address and tax code.

Lessons and exams

Is it possible to recover the lessons lost during midweek public holidays?

Participants in Italian language group courses will be able to make up for lost hours, through a guided afternoon group activity, offered during the week itself. Individual and private lessons can be held, on request, even on public holidays.

Is there an exam at the end of the course?

There are no exams to be taken at the end of a course, with the exception of the Professional Photography, Graphics and Video Production courses.

Is there a Certificate issued at the end of the course?

At the end of each course, a Certificate of Attendance is issued. A Diploma is issued for the academic courses of Photography, Graphics and Video production, following the final exam and participation in the full cycle of lessons. In this case, the Certificate has the value of a 2nd level Diploma, as it is issued by a private school which is recognized by public bodies.


Is it possible to book accommodation through Centro Italiano?

Centro Italiano offers various types of accommodation in the city of Florence. For more details, we advise you to consult the “Accommodation” area of our website. To book accommodation, you can send a request via email to the school office, at least a week in advance, or through the appropriate online registration form, after having chosen your preferred course, and the relevant dates.

How is the accommodation paid?

Accommodation costs can be paid directly to the owner of the apartment, at the building’s reception, or at the school office (on the first day of the course).

In Italy

Do I need a visa to enter Italy?

For those coming from non-EU (European Union) countries, if your stay is longer than 90 days in Italy, you’ll need to apply for a student visa.

How can I get a student visa?

This visa can only be obtained by enrolling in courses of at least 4 hours per day. Upon confirmation of enrollment, accompanied by advance payment of the entire period of the course, we will issue an enrollment certificate and send it to the student. This certificate is then presented to your local Italian Consulate, which will then issue a study visa, with which the student can come to Italy and stay for the entire period of the course.

What if the student visa is refused?

In case of refusal, we will refund the sum paid in advance, minus 150 euros for administrative costs.

Can I work while taking the course?

Yes, during this period the student can be hired with a part-time employment contract, working a maximum of 4 hours per day, 20 hours per week.

How can I arrive at the school from the airport/train station?

The school is well connected by taxi and public transport, but we also offer a transfer service with driver from the train station or from the airport, to your residence, hotel or the school. For more information consult the “Transfer” section.


Is there a Wi-Fi service available?

There is free internet connection inside the school. In the apartments and in family properties, a Wi-Fi connection is always available, free, fast and always turned on. Throughout Florence it is easy to find bars, libraries, cafes and clubs etc. that offer free Wi-Fi to their customers.

Can I use my Credit card in Italy?

The main credit cards are accepted almost everywhere. You can withdraw cash from vending machines if you have a card connected to an international network (Eurocard, Cirrus, Plus, Maestro etc.) Mastercard and Visa cards (with pins) can be used to withdraw money from ATMs.