It’s obviously important for you to know if and how you can enter Italy, and study there. For detailed information on the need for a visa for Italy, we recommend the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation: :

You’ll fill out a form and a short questionnaire, and then you’ll receive all the information on what you need for your stay in Italy.

To have an initial idea on what to do concerning student visas, read our FAQ:

Do I need a visa to enter Italy?

For those coming from non-EU (European Union) countries, if your stay is longer than 90 days in Italy, you’ll need to apply for a study (student) visa.

How can I get a student visa?

This visa can only be obtained by enrolling in an Italian language course. Upon confirmation of enrollment, accompanied by advance payment of the entire period of the course, we will issue an enrollment certificate and send it to the student. This certificate is then presented to your local Italian Consulate, which will then issue a study visa, with which the student can come to Italy and stay for the entire period of the course.

What if the student visa is refused?

In case of refusal, we will refund the sum paid in advance, minus 150 euros for administrative costs.

What happens once I arrive in Italy?

Once in Italy the position is formalized with the request for a Residence Permit for study purposes. The student has the opportunity to renew this type of stay up to a maximum of 3 years, extending his/her registration with the same type of course with which he/she obtained the initial visa.

Can I work while taking the course?

Yes, during this period the student can be hired with a part-time employment contract, working a maximum of 4 hours per day.