With the Italian and Cycling course, you’ll learn the language pedaling, with pleasant excursions through gardens, churches, museums, and Florentine nightlife. It’ll be a way to learn the language, and keep fit at the same time, while exploring this beautiful country by bike.
Learn the Italian language on the saddle, through beautiful cycling tours of the Tuscan countryside, and cities of art!
The course includes a tour of the historic center and Florentine nightlife, the Chianti hills, the Tuscan countryside and riverside, the city and surroundings of Lucca. This will be “all pedaling”, and all strictly in Italian!
5 lessons in Italian Language, from 9am-1pm, Monday to Friday; 5 afternoon excursions of 3-4 hours each, leaving from Neptune’s statue in Piazza Signoria.
- Monday – The Historic City Center – A fascinating ride along the new cycle-paths, from the city center to a wonderful 16th century Villa on the hills of Florence. You’ll cycle for a few hours along some of the most beautiful itineraries that the city of Florence has to offer.
- Tuesday – Florentine nightlife – An exciting journey, using a Dutch-designed bike, through the city’s nightlife. You’ll discover some of the most beautiful routes of Florence by night.
- Wednesday – The Chianti Hills – A fascinating ride along the new cycle paths, from the city center to the nearest Chianti hills. Ancient villas and wineries, vineyards and Romanesque Abbeys will accompany you along the way.
- Thursday – The Florentine countryside along the River Arno – A guided ride along the banks of the river, discovering the countryside and flat-lands of the Valle dell’Arno.
- Friday – Lucca and the River Serchio – An enjoyable and interesting ride along the walls of the old city of Lucca, and the banks of the River Serchio. Departure from S. Maria Novella station in Florence, with transfer to Lucca by train.